Skip to main content

From the Archives: Trend called Engineering



In this era the economic development of any country is mostly dependent on the technological advancements and innovations. So it is inevitable that the students pursuing their academic careers in the field of engineering and technology are mostly to be looked upon. But unfortunately our country India has not succeeded much in producing excellent innovators and technologists. Why it has happened so? I think it is because of this crowd following attitude of our people that has lead us to this situation. From many instances I have observed one specific trait in those parents who want their children to opt for engineering as a career is that they think that their children as engineers will be a matter of vanity for them which they can talk about when they socialize with their friends in a club party or in a garden.  Most of the parents think that if their son would be an engineer then it would be easy for him to marry a good girl. So are we making good engineers or eligible husbands? Though education plays a very important role in finding good spouse but engineering is not synonymous to education. There are other fields as well which is as glamorous and high return paying as engineering. People of India will have to be aware of the other possibilities through which they can generate a better livelihood than they can do just being an engineer. Another drawback of this trend is that many private institutions have been created to teach engineering but unfortunately they don’t have adequate infrastructure or excellent faculty to support such courses. Obviously engineering cannot be learnt as accounts, literature or economics, sitting in the small classrooms and mugging up the notes. Engineering is much about understanding and finding new possibilities to practically implicate the theories made by Scientists. We need World class Institutions to produce brilliant engineers and such supportive parents who can encourage their off springs to pursue engineering to become inventors so that our country can develop. Equal treatment to both the genders is much heard about topic these days but girls are generally not encouraged to pursue engineering even today in our country. I think talent, ability and efficiency should be tested while recruiting engineers irrespective of cast, creed or gender. So now its high time that we should start viewing engineers as innovators rather than fat salary earners or eligible spouses.

Comments

  1. Nice thoughts Mimansa. But is our education system permit and encourage innovation (Which is one of the most important virtue)? Even do our engineering institutes capable enough to appreciate the underlying root concepts?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The one

This is a story of HER! Today she depicts her story in her own words! For THE ONE who wants to know HER! she's clumsy, she's unmanageable sometimes, But she will be there to manage your any of the worst times!! Her mood swings are difficult to judge and confusing as well, But her heart is the safest place where you can dwell!! She might be broken in pieces when she smiles at you bright, The only thing she wants is THE ONE who holds her hand tight!! She is scared to believe and trust anyone, But now she's relieved,bcz she trusts more than herself in THE ONE!! She's rude and miserable you can say, But she's strong enough to find her own ways!! She ll hide her feelings from the world around her, But deep in her heart she knows THE ONE who matters to her!! She's the one who depends on you the most, But don't judge her though as this is the way she shows her trust!! She's not the most beautiful girl you could find,  But she promises you to make the MOMENTS M...

PJ King : Chintan Jethva

Suppose you are in a strange land with no known people around you and coincidentally you find a person from your place (country/state/city) whom you had never met before. Only thing you know about him/her is that he/she is from your land. At once you’ll be friends with that person and a fabric of trust will connect you both immediately. This is exactly how I felt when I first met this extremely crazy person; Chintan. Being only kid at home I always missed those funny sibling rivalries. Though, I requested all neighbourhood guys in my society to be my brothers so that on Rakshabandhan day I can earn some gifts. Growing up playing with them was ultimate childhood experience but they never fought with me.  So I was pretty hopeless of finding a part time sibling to fight with, unless I met Tin Tin.  Yes. That is how I shout at Chintan.         Cartoon-giri This guy is extremely moody. No one in SAS-9 is spared experiencing Tin T...

A strange trip to the City of Dreams

No matter what is your religious orientation, you'll definitely have a Christmas plan. I too had a plan for Christmas 2015. I always wanted to attend the Midnight Mass at a church on Christmas eve. So I and my friend decided to go to Mumbai to attend the same. We were planning this trip before 4 months of Christmas day and we ended up booking tickets for the trip before 2 months. Meanwhile when we were deciding regarding when to go and where to stay during the trip, some other friends showed interest. One of them was my friend's BF and one other couple whom I barely knew showed interest in joining us. I kind of loved the idea of traveling with strangers so we booked tickets for five of us and we made a WhatsApp group for organizing our trip. So our (me and my friend) plan was to have dinner after reaching Mumbai, go to the Church, attend the mass, spend some time around, rest at railway station, board a train in morning to come back home. Then the other group members suggeste...