Skip to main content

Meri 400 Rs ki trip.

Reservations had hardly affected my life until my Amritsar trip got cancelled due to Jat community riots. Me with my other two members of 'M gang of gals' were extremely upset when we got to know that our train was cancelled. Since 3 months we scheduled those 5 days of the trip totally uninvolving so going back to the routine on those 5 days was not at all an appealing idea. We wanted to make those days as exciting as possible but searching for a good destination to visit for a day or two in Gujarat was quite a task. I had slightest idea of visiting Champaner but at the same time I was clueless about the geographical location and means of transport to that place. All thanks to Google baba, in just no time I figured out that there is one train Dehradun exp, which would take us to Champaner Rd. Junction from Surat. That was it. I shared my plan with Mahi and Mitali and they immediately agreed. 

And the most adventurous day began 

4:45 am on 27th March was the departure time of our train from Surat station - We reached just 15 mins before the scheduled departure - I hit my head with the stone platform at the cash counter while picking up my 100 Rs note - Mahi's phone was with me and Mits - Mahi got lost as she went to park her vehicle while we were buying tickets - somehow we found her after lot of confusion - luckily we boarded the train on time - fortunately we got seats in Ladies Coach - we spent the train time, chatting with each other ( mostly about guys) - At about 7:30, we reached Champaner Rd Junction - there were very few people on station - we clicked some pics then inquired about how to reach Champaner fort- Took an auto from station to Halol in (10 rs per person auto fare) -  At Halol had some spicy gujju breakfast (khama ne idla) and sugarcane juice - Took Chhakda to reach Pavagadh ( Champaner Fort) - We entered the Fort and walked little distance - Sheher ki Masjid - We asked for a guide and he ( Narendra Modi) explained us the history - we bought a book with maps and attractions of the fort- walked through the village to Jami Masjid - The monument was extremely beautiful and its magnanimous site has left a long lasting effect on my mind - we sat there in shade - had a long chat about religions while eating theplas - completed our pics routine - walked through the farms to reach Kevda Masjid - equally beautiful - spent time in the serenity of the place - walked through the jungle - very gorgeous Nagina Masjid - got completely exhausted - we decided to leave the fort and go to the mountain (Saat Kamaan) - begged for water from a family residing in the fort - an auto driver gave us almost free ride to the taxi stop - boarded a sharing car - passengers were packed like too many clothes in a small suitcase - got down at saat kaman ( Seven Archs) - took rest - again we ate theplas - shared our food with the security person there - clicked awesome pics - waited for transport - asked for lift from foreigners to go downhill - discussed about Pune, IT firms, BPOs, Osho and breakups on the way - took an awesome selfie - parted ways - boarded a sharing car to Baroda - Mitali showed us places on the way as she was more familiar with the city - Had dal chawal in Pearl restaurant right opposite of the Baroda station - Missed an early train - waited for Puri exp. - noted the accounts of the on going trip and cancelled trip in the waiting room - partitioned the expenses - train arrived with two ladies coaches - the front coach was almost vacant - we were standing where the last coach stops - three of us took the decision that we'll run to the first coach - we ran - people tried to stop us - called us insane - but we ran - and we reached - and we got seats - made friends in train - Reached Surat.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A strange trip to the City of Dreams

No matter what is your religious orientation, you'll definitely have a Christmas plan. I too had a plan for Christmas 2015. I always wanted to attend the Midnight Mass at a church on Christmas eve. So I and my friend decided to go to Mumbai to attend the same. We were planning this trip before 4 months of Christmas day and we ended up booking tickets for the trip before 2 months. Meanwhile when we were deciding regarding when to go and where to stay during the trip, some other friends showed interest. One of them was my friend's BF and one other couple whom I barely knew showed interest in joining us. I kind of loved the idea of traveling with strangers so we booked tickets for five of us and we made a WhatsApp group for organizing our trip. So our (me and my friend) plan was to have dinner after reaching Mumbai, go to the Church, attend the mass, spend some time around, rest at railway station, board a train in morning to come back home. Then the other group members suggeste

10 one liners to tell you why I love Arnab Goswami.

Not having TV at home has its own pros and cons. I never get to see news. And when I plan to watch something on youtube, I choose to watch Comedy Nights with Kapil or inspiring TED Talks. I have liked the FB page of TOI so I get notifications of important news reports which I read sometimes if the headline interests me. And reading news papers nowadays don't fit my schedule. Moreover I'am kind a bored by reading same newspaper in Gujarati since 8 years as the writers are same and mostly their writings show repetition.  A month back on a free afternoon, I was trying to search something interesting to watch on youtube and I came across one video of news hour debate on India's_Godman_culture conducted by Arnab Goswami. That was the first time I saw Arnab Goswami though I had watched TVF spoof of Arnab Goswami done by Arnub Kumar. I watched that whole debate and those 45 minutes my eyes were completely glued on my laptop screen. I had just started admiring this super aw

PJ King : Chintan Jethva

Suppose you are in a strange land with no known people around you and coincidentally you find a person from your place (country/state/city) whom you had never met before. Only thing you know about him/her is that he/she is from your land. At once you’ll be friends with that person and a fabric of trust will connect you both immediately. This is exactly how I felt when I first met this extremely crazy person; Chintan. Being only kid at home I always missed those funny sibling rivalries. Though, I requested all neighbourhood guys in my society to be my brothers so that on Rakshabandhan day I can earn some gifts. Growing up playing with them was ultimate childhood experience but they never fought with me.  So I was pretty hopeless of finding a part time sibling to fight with, unless I met Tin Tin.  Yes. That is how I shout at Chintan.         Cartoon-giri This guy is extremely moody. No one in SAS-9 is spared experiencing Tin Tin in his bad mood days. Life is Unpredictab