Skip to main content

Cup Periods.. Best Periods

periods for me meant discomfort unless I started using menstrual cups. I had read about menstrual cups while campaigning against taboos related to menstruation but never tried to inquire more about them, considering that this might be a special product used by athletes. On Jagriti Yatra during our visit in Banglore, I visited stall of Boondh and that was the first time I was able to know more about cups and how any girl/woman can switch from plastic sanitary pads to cups. The eco-friendly reasons led me towards thinking about this product but the fear of inserting something in my vagina didn't allow me to buy it on that occasion. Few days later after Yatra, I got a call from a very popular Doctor and social activist of our city, also my mentor for campaigning against menstrual taboos, Dr Ami Yagnik and she was very keen to promote the idea of using menstrual cups among the Surti women. I immediately resonated with her idea and we decided on starting our campaigns to promote menstrual cups in our city. But before that it was my turn to try and test the cup period. My friends at Rayzz Of Hope encouraged me to consider this product and asked feedback regularly. During feedback sessions on whatsapp, I also faced questions like, did I feel sexually aroused due to cup insertion?. Hahaha that was hilarious really.. I am glad that girls at Rayzz Of Hope are switching to menstrual cups relying on my feedback. Initially the insertion and removal of cup wasn't very easy but a little discomfort in the washroom and next 8-9 hours one can completely forget about the period. You might have seen those sanitary pads ads, in which the girl is dancing freely and doing everything without being conscious about her period, I used to laugh at those over exaggerated videos but adopting cup succesfully since 3 cycles did help me feel carefree without worrying about cash, trash and rash. 

Planning to make a detailed review video. whatever time permits. 


Comments

  1. I am glad i was instrumental in making your transition from pads to cups. How i wish i knew about menstrual cups in my menstruating days!Failing that i am committed to help all girls and women know about this healthier, environmentally sustainable option for Menstrual hygiene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank U Mam.. Really thankful for introducing it to Us..:-))

      Delete
  2. Wow wonderfully written....i got same cup.:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The one

This is a story of HER! Today she depicts her story in her own words! For THE ONE who wants to know HER! she's clumsy, she's unmanageable sometimes, But she will be there to manage your any of the worst times!! Her mood swings are difficult to judge and confusing as well, But her heart is the safest place where you can dwell!! She might be broken in pieces when she smiles at you bright, The only thing she wants is THE ONE who holds her hand tight!! She is scared to believe and trust anyone, But now she's relieved,bcz she trusts more than herself in THE ONE!! She's rude and miserable you can say, But she's strong enough to find her own ways!! She ll hide her feelings from the world around her, But deep in her heart she knows THE ONE who matters to her!! She's the one who depends on you the most, But don't judge her though as this is the way she shows her trust!! She's not the most beautiful girl you could find,  But she promises you to make the MOMENTS M...

PJ King : Chintan Jethva

Suppose you are in a strange land with no known people around you and coincidentally you find a person from your place (country/state/city) whom you had never met before. Only thing you know about him/her is that he/she is from your land. At once you’ll be friends with that person and a fabric of trust will connect you both immediately. This is exactly how I felt when I first met this extremely crazy person; Chintan. Being only kid at home I always missed those funny sibling rivalries. Though, I requested all neighbourhood guys in my society to be my brothers so that on Rakshabandhan day I can earn some gifts. Growing up playing with them was ultimate childhood experience but they never fought with me.  So I was pretty hopeless of finding a part time sibling to fight with, unless I met Tin Tin.  Yes. That is how I shout at Chintan.         Cartoon-giri This guy is extremely moody. No one in SAS-9 is spared experiencing Tin T...

A strange trip to the City of Dreams

No matter what is your religious orientation, you'll definitely have a Christmas plan. I too had a plan for Christmas 2015. I always wanted to attend the Midnight Mass at a church on Christmas eve. So I and my friend decided to go to Mumbai to attend the same. We were planning this trip before 4 months of Christmas day and we ended up booking tickets for the trip before 2 months. Meanwhile when we were deciding regarding when to go and where to stay during the trip, some other friends showed interest. One of them was my friend's BF and one other couple whom I barely knew showed interest in joining us. I kind of loved the idea of traveling with strangers so we booked tickets for five of us and we made a WhatsApp group for organizing our trip. So our (me and my friend) plan was to have dinner after reaching Mumbai, go to the Church, attend the mass, spend some time around, rest at railway station, board a train in morning to come back home. Then the other group members suggeste...