Skip to main content

Knock Knock : : We have not yet found an alternative of Earth.


The recent prediction as presented by a Times Of India report says that 2016 will be the hottest year among 2014 2015 and 2016. I am little perplexed. Am I the only one who is feeling this ever existent – more than required warmth in the urban areas? Or am I the only one who has read so many things about man made global warming and can relate to it? Why are the well educated and well aware people not speaking a word about conservation of Environment. Is this one issue which everyone is missing out?? Why people of India are afraid of sensationalizing this extremely important issue which the whole World is talking about?
Let me try to make my point with a question.. Do you think killing, robbing, exploiting is crime? If yes then don’t you think we are being too unfair to nature? I can see injustice happening with the Environment during the festivals we celebrate. Celebrations have now become more of a pompous show in an unhealthy competitive way rather than having quality time with friends and family.   
Here I want to list 10 important points which I guess everyone should know before they decide to buy their crackers stock this year for Diwali.
1.       Problem of green house gases is off course there but increase in tropospheric aerosol concentration may aggravate the condition of the people having lung diseases. Also inhaling these suspended particles may cause severe breathing problems.
2.       Pollutants in the air have different life times. They do not settle down easily. Pollutants have mobility and in very trace amount also they show their heinous impact.
3.       Various atmospheric statistics show how the aerosols (suspended particles) shoot in concentration during festivities.
4.       Two years back Divya Bhaskar group did a story in which they said that people of Surat contribute to much more to the air pollution during 5 days of Diwali festival than the pollution generated by all the industries of Hazira Belt in a year.
5.       Man-made Global warming is REAL. Scientists around the globe are not bluffing. And Global warming cannot be reversed.. We can avoid the exponential degradation of the Atmosphere but the process cannot be shunned.
6.       Be prepared to be on this planet with new set of seasons and mixology of temperatures. OXYGEN BARS in place of Coffee Bars or Beer Bars will very soon be materialized. You pay for water now. 15 Rs a litre Right? That time is not far when you’ll pay for breathing some oxygen rich air. If we are unable to take steps immediately, very soon Government will have to make amends in our constitution and add ‘Right to Clean Environment’ as one of our fundamental Rights. 
7.       Delhi has been considered as most polluted in terms of Air pollution. Doctors suggest lungs patients to leave Delhi. And speculations are there that by 2020 ,, 40000 people of Delhi would die due to lung disease. Perhaps this is my message to citizens dwelling in other parts of the country : “Delhi Zyada dur nahi hai”.  
8.       The crackers manufacturing factories in our country employ poor and helpless little kids to carry out the manufacturing. Buying such crackers would be our indirect encouragement to child labour
9.       People these days are buying crackers imported from China which is not a healthy sign. Why do we need to import such meaningless means of entertainment that too from another country.
1.   Air was not enough that we also pollute land resources by littering. Yeah how can I forget sound pollution.. Its cherry on the cake. 
 

We are the only nation on this planet who harms the environment in some or the other way in name of religious celebrations. We are already overpopulated means extra carbon foot prints everywhere. Moreover we are in such a state of oblivion that no body gives damn to what atrocities our Environment is facing. Wake Up people. If not now, then When?????  I guess you all know we have not yet succeeded in discovering alternative of Earth.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A strange trip to the City of Dreams

No matter what is your religious orientation, you'll definitely have a Christmas plan. I too had a plan for Christmas 2015. I always wanted to attend the Midnight Mass at a church on Christmas eve. So I and my friend decided to go to Mumbai to attend the same. We were planning this trip before 4 months of Christmas day and we ended up booking tickets for the trip before 2 months. Meanwhile when we were deciding regarding when to go and where to stay during the trip, some other friends showed interest. One of them was my friend's BF and one other couple whom I barely knew showed interest in joining us. I kind of loved the idea of traveling with strangers so we booked tickets for five of us and we made a WhatsApp group for organizing our trip. So our (me and my friend) plan was to have dinner after reaching Mumbai, go to the Church, attend the mass, spend some time around, rest at railway station, board a train in morning to come back home. Then the other group members suggeste

10 one liners to tell you why I love Arnab Goswami.

Not having TV at home has its own pros and cons. I never get to see news. And when I plan to watch something on youtube, I choose to watch Comedy Nights with Kapil or inspiring TED Talks. I have liked the FB page of TOI so I get notifications of important news reports which I read sometimes if the headline interests me. And reading news papers nowadays don't fit my schedule. Moreover I'am kind a bored by reading same newspaper in Gujarati since 8 years as the writers are same and mostly their writings show repetition.  A month back on a free afternoon, I was trying to search something interesting to watch on youtube and I came across one video of news hour debate on India's_Godman_culture conducted by Arnab Goswami. That was the first time I saw Arnab Goswami though I had watched TVF spoof of Arnab Goswami done by Arnub Kumar. I watched that whole debate and those 45 minutes my eyes were completely glued on my laptop screen. I had just started admiring this super aw

PJ King : Chintan Jethva

Suppose you are in a strange land with no known people around you and coincidentally you find a person from your place (country/state/city) whom you had never met before. Only thing you know about him/her is that he/she is from your land. At once you’ll be friends with that person and a fabric of trust will connect you both immediately. This is exactly how I felt when I first met this extremely crazy person; Chintan. Being only kid at home I always missed those funny sibling rivalries. Though, I requested all neighbourhood guys in my society to be my brothers so that on Rakshabandhan day I can earn some gifts. Growing up playing with them was ultimate childhood experience but they never fought with me.  So I was pretty hopeless of finding a part time sibling to fight with, unless I met Tin Tin.  Yes. That is how I shout at Chintan.         Cartoon-giri This guy is extremely moody. No one in SAS-9 is spared experiencing Tin Tin in his bad mood days. Life is Unpredictab