Skip to main content

The Unsettling Questions...

Today Kanika came back from her office little early. She made some sandwiches for her dinner and comforted herself on couch in front of the TV. She changed almost all channels but couldn’t find any interesting show to watch. She had some shopping to do but she delayed that on weekend as she was not willing to step out of her home after an exhausting day at work. Playing some songs of her customised playlist, she ate her dinner. While she was having dinner, her phone vibrated many times to give the notification that there might be some whatsapp messages but today Kanika was not interested in chatting with friends. Last two years were very difficult for her and had completely transformed her. She always tried to keep herself more and more busy. Even when she was unwilling to go out and hang out with friends, she did so because she wanted herself to be extremely busy with everything and anything so that her heart could never peep in the past. Inspite of trying very hard to heal herself she knew the fact that the pain was still there. All she kept on doing since two years was simply bandaging the wound without thinking whether she was healing or not.


Today she took some liberty and allowed herself to take a stroll in her memory lane. She thought about those wonderful days spent with him and she remembered how wonderful she felt when he used to be around. Since, most of the time they were together it was a long distance relationship, everyday she used to wait for his call and those few minutes spent with him used to be the best part of her days. She considered herself to be the luckiest girl on the planet. They did all silly things together. They planned how they wanted their wedding to be like... also the names of their kids were decided. She remembered all those (fake) promises he made to keep their relationship intact. Kanika never even in her dreams thought that one day she would find the guy of her dreams whom she would never want to lose. Initially observing other couples, she was quite cynical about relationships and marriages but he changed her perceptions for a while and made her fall badly in love with him without giving a trace of the idea that all this was a big fat lie. Why someone should fake a relationship? What he achieved by breaking her heart? Being friends is the first step of every relationship and friends never lie to each other. What made him shut off her from all means through which she could contact him? Why did he lie even if he was not in love with her anymore? He appeared to be so mature and understanding during their companionship that still sometimes Kanika wonders what wrong she might have done that such a beautiful relationship ended. Those numerous I Love You messages, long chats on calls, dreams to live together, promises to support each other in all odds... Was it all fake? How can a person lie for two years? All her feelings and respect for him appears as a big joke to her now... She realized that she lived 2 years not in a relationship with a guy but with a big lie and she cannot process any reason why all this happened to her. Looking back she remembers herself as a big fool who can be easily cheated. Was it her mistake that she put trust in him? Kanika never wanted to end the relationship then why she was forced to? If being together was a mutual consent then why separation was one person’s decision?

All these questions looped in her brain and she knew she’ll never get her answers. She wished happiness for him and hugging her little minion pillow dozed off on the couch. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A strange trip to the City of Dreams

No matter what is your religious orientation, you'll definitely have a Christmas plan. I too had a plan for Christmas 2015. I always wanted to attend the Midnight Mass at a church on Christmas eve. So I and my friend decided to go to Mumbai to attend the same. We were planning this trip before 4 months of Christmas day and we ended up booking tickets for the trip before 2 months. Meanwhile when we were deciding regarding when to go and where to stay during the trip, some other friends showed interest. One of them was my friend's BF and one other couple whom I barely knew showed interest in joining us. I kind of loved the idea of traveling with strangers so we booked tickets for five of us and we made a WhatsApp group for organizing our trip. So our (me and my friend) plan was to have dinner after reaching Mumbai, go to the Church, attend the mass, spend some time around, rest at railway station, board a train in morning to come back home. Then the other group members suggeste

10 one liners to tell you why I love Arnab Goswami.

Not having TV at home has its own pros and cons. I never get to see news. And when I plan to watch something on youtube, I choose to watch Comedy Nights with Kapil or inspiring TED Talks. I have liked the FB page of TOI so I get notifications of important news reports which I read sometimes if the headline interests me. And reading news papers nowadays don't fit my schedule. Moreover I'am kind a bored by reading same newspaper in Gujarati since 8 years as the writers are same and mostly their writings show repetition.  A month back on a free afternoon, I was trying to search something interesting to watch on youtube and I came across one video of news hour debate on India's_Godman_culture conducted by Arnab Goswami. That was the first time I saw Arnab Goswami though I had watched TVF spoof of Arnab Goswami done by Arnub Kumar. I watched that whole debate and those 45 minutes my eyes were completely glued on my laptop screen. I had just started admiring this super aw

PJ King : Chintan Jethva

Suppose you are in a strange land with no known people around you and coincidentally you find a person from your place (country/state/city) whom you had never met before. Only thing you know about him/her is that he/she is from your land. At once you’ll be friends with that person and a fabric of trust will connect you both immediately. This is exactly how I felt when I first met this extremely crazy person; Chintan. Being only kid at home I always missed those funny sibling rivalries. Though, I requested all neighbourhood guys in my society to be my brothers so that on Rakshabandhan day I can earn some gifts. Growing up playing with them was ultimate childhood experience but they never fought with me.  So I was pretty hopeless of finding a part time sibling to fight with, unless I met Tin Tin.  Yes. That is how I shout at Chintan.         Cartoon-giri This guy is extremely moody. No one in SAS-9 is spared experiencing Tin Tin in his bad mood days. Life is Unpredictab