Skip to main content

How Motherhood changed me as a person


I remember, as a child I always wanted to be a mother. I loved mothering my dolls just like how my mother took care of me. Moreover My mother had very powerful influence in my life. Honestly she was the only one who took whole lot of efforts in my upbringing. I have seen her in that process. Believe me, in those days I remember she was like a lioness and would go to any extent to protect me. She was a young lady who got her education and was building her own life. God knows from where she got so much strength and courage to cope with challenges that life threw at her. She had absolutely no support with chores or finances to raise a baby but she did everything on her own. Certainly I admired her the most and wondered whether motherhood can change people. In short there was this hidden calling in me to embark the journey of motherhood, to experience the nature's great plan (reproduction).

On 5th July 2021, We were blessed with a baby boy and since then life has changed in all sorts of beautiful ways. He is an absolute sweetheart. Really, he looks at me with so much love and affection in his eyes, that my heart melts everytime. The kind of changes Anshu brought in my life has affected me as person and now I am Version 2.0 of Mimansa. Yes! 

I am a sensitive person.I naturally get emotional when I see anyone in pain.I get this urgent urge to help. But post my baby's birth I've become much more sensitive than before. Specially towards children. I can't see any child in tears. I feel motherly love for all children. I empathize with children all the time.I know it's not easy to be a child. So many things are not in a child's control. All they are able to do is adjust and learn how to adjust. Also the growing inequalities around us never let all children to start from same platform. Some are privileged but most are not. I want to help them all. I am praying for all of them that they get strength to overcome.

Many say that delivering baby is like a mother's rebirth. I used to think this is such an overrated statement. But now I understand the context. After what you go through in the process of giving birth, you tend to become stronger physically and mentally. I feel more determined than before and my energy is on another level. Don't be surprized If I do some epic stuff in near future. Ha Ha

Mimansa choose your battles: Ex- Manger of my previous organization gave these golden words as an advice which will stay with me entire life. Anshu's birth is a reminder to this. Energy should be spent on only those battles which will lead me somewhere. For everything else. Just say.. CUT THE CRAP.

Blog posted on : https://amzn.to/3s52ukN


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A strange trip to the City of Dreams

No matter what is your religious orientation, you'll definitely have a Christmas plan. I too had a plan for Christmas 2015. I always wanted to attend the Midnight Mass at a church on Christmas eve. So I and my friend decided to go to Mumbai to attend the same. We were planning this trip before 4 months of Christmas day and we ended up booking tickets for the trip before 2 months. Meanwhile when we were deciding regarding when to go and where to stay during the trip, some other friends showed interest. One of them was my friend's BF and one other couple whom I barely knew showed interest in joining us. I kind of loved the idea of traveling with strangers so we booked tickets for five of us and we made a WhatsApp group for organizing our trip. So our (me and my friend) plan was to have dinner after reaching Mumbai, go to the Church, attend the mass, spend some time around, rest at railway station, board a train in morning to come back home. Then the other group members suggeste

PJ King : Chintan Jethva

Suppose you are in a strange land with no known people around you and coincidentally you find a person from your place (country/state/city) whom you had never met before. Only thing you know about him/her is that he/she is from your land. At once you’ll be friends with that person and a fabric of trust will connect you both immediately. This is exactly how I felt when I first met this extremely crazy person; Chintan. Being only kid at home I always missed those funny sibling rivalries. Though, I requested all neighbourhood guys in my society to be my brothers so that on Rakshabandhan day I can earn some gifts. Growing up playing with them was ultimate childhood experience but they never fought with me.  So I was pretty hopeless of finding a part time sibling to fight with, unless I met Tin Tin.  Yes. That is how I shout at Chintan.         Cartoon-giri This guy is extremely moody. No one in SAS-9 is spared experiencing Tin Tin in his bad mood days. Life is Unpredictab

10 one liners to tell you why I love Arnab Goswami.

Not having TV at home has its own pros and cons. I never get to see news. And when I plan to watch something on youtube, I choose to watch Comedy Nights with Kapil or inspiring TED Talks. I have liked the FB page of TOI so I get notifications of important news reports which I read sometimes if the headline interests me. And reading news papers nowadays don't fit my schedule. Moreover I'am kind a bored by reading same newspaper in Gujarati since 8 years as the writers are same and mostly their writings show repetition.  A month back on a free afternoon, I was trying to search something interesting to watch on youtube and I came across one video of news hour debate on India's_Godman_culture conducted by Arnab Goswami. That was the first time I saw Arnab Goswami though I had watched TVF spoof of Arnab Goswami done by Arnub Kumar. I watched that whole debate and those 45 minutes my eyes were completely glued on my laptop screen. I had just started admiring this super aw